COMMUNITIES OF OWNERS: CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
At APC Global, we have more than 20 years of experience managing the different services, both cleaning and maintenance.
In our cleaning and maintenance offer, you can find a highly qualified staff with demonstrable experience in each of the different cleaning services. For this reason, we carry out periodic checks to improve every day and thus to be able to assure all our clients an optimal work.
Over the years, we have developed our own Know-how for various sectors, both within the scope of the Cleaning Company, as well as that of professional maintenance.
GENERAL MAINTENANCE TASKS AND CLEANING OF COMMON AREAS
The following areas must be in a correct state of cleanliness:
- Portal cleaning. Not only the internal area, but also the external area.
- Cleaning of stairs, access areas, railings, access areas. Basically all the common areas.
- Complete cleaning of the elevators. That includes the floor and walls, mirrors and any other element that is included in the elevator.
- Cleaning of windows and mirrors.
- Complete cleaning of elevators (floor, walls, glass and mirrors and remove dust from the lights).
- Cleaning of mirrors, decorative elements, glass and any other element that does not belong to the structure itself of the building.
- Also included are areas that are not passing through, but belong to the building / community itself, such as a cleaning room, counters, etc.
As additional elements, the garbage collection service, in the event that the containers are located in private areas, which are not accessible to people who do not belong to the community.
SPECIFIC MAINTENANCE TASKS
The new buildings must also include the following maintenance and cleaning tasks:
- The cleanliness and good condition of the gardens, plants and trees in the common areas.
- Garages and parking. Whether covered or not. It also includes the review of fire protection and the opening and closing systems.
- Swimming pools. Correct maintenance and cleaning, keeping up to date with health obligations and with its corresponding lifeguard service, during the hours of use.
- If there are sports areas (courts and others) or children’s play areas, they must also be in good condition, with their corresponding cleaning and maintenance services.
- Toilets again, in perfect condition. Clean, cared for and in proper working order. In addition, to always have personal hygiene products available.
- The collective air conditioning systems, both community boiler, heating and air conditioning. Revised, clean and in perfect working order.
PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING TASKS
- Review of machinery, community supplies and their correct use.
- Reviews of the elevators and their correct use.
- Forklift reviews and their correct use.
- Reviews of the door openers and their correct use.
- Review and maintenance of fire extinguishers and any other fire fighting system.
- Review of community antennas.
- Review of community drains.
- Pest prevention and control. Specific and general measures.
HOW TO MAKE A MAINTENANCE BUDGET?
The budgets are used to be able to reflect all the costs that can happen in any community.
The communities of owners, have 3 types of expenses
- The ordinary ones. They are usually fixed
- Those of extraordinary character. Whether due to need for repairs, continuous use and wear and tear.
- The unforeseen. These are included in the reserve fund, never less than 5% of the fees paid per year in a community.
ORDINARY EXPENSES OF A NEIGHBORING COMMUNITY
In the ordinary expenses of a neighborhood community, the most important expenses are those of maintenance, supply and contracting of cleaning services.
These expenses must be previously approved by the community, in their annual budgets. They are predictable expenses. Electricity and water, repair and maintenance, conservation, boilers, elevator, antennas and any other expense that is within the foreseeable.
EXTRAORDINARY EXPENSES IN A NEIGHBORING COMMUNITY
By contrast, the extraordinary expenses of a community of owners, are those that occur unexpectedly. Unexpected repairs, new regulations that require a specific installation, etc. Any unforeseen deterioration or necessary improvement, which is mandatory.
This type of expense is known as spill, when there are not enough funds in the community. This implies, the increase in the monthly payment of each owner.
COMMUNITY MAINTENANCE CONTRACT
Any company that provides services to the neighborhood community must meet the following specifications.
- The documentation must always be in order. Either the appropriate qualification of the worker, such as registration with social security.
- Every maintenance company must have a civil liability insurance in force.